Have you seen TV, Netflix, and closely listened to the scores of many contemporary movies today?If Yes, then you can’t miss the fact the 80s/ 90s Sound is back BIG TIME!
We wanted to pay homage to the sounds of the great soundtracks from the 80s from composers and tv series /movies such as John Carpenter, Harold Faltermeyer, Jan Hammer, Michael Jackson, Prince, Night Rider, The Terminator, Commando etc..
Certain iconic sounds showed up in many such projects, and we decided to embark on a journey of bringing you the very sounds you know, sounds you can identify immediately as soon as you hear them!
We sampled and tweaked these patched from original synths such as Fairlight, Synclavier, Yamaha DX7, Roland D-50, EMULATOR II, KORG M1, OBERHEIM OBX, PROPHET 5, SYNTHEX and many more…
These sounds were recorded using analog outboard gear such as NEVE 1073, Thermionic Culture Rooster, and Electrodyne pres, Distressor, API 2500 and Drawmer 1978. Also, External effects were used from Eventide, Lexicon.
Hardware Eq, compression and reverbs were applied to the dry samples to re-create the original 80s vibe. These sounds will be instantly recognizable and will inspire you to work fast and sound great.
What is Retro Keys?
Retro Keys is a Virtual Instrument rompler inspired from 80s Soundtrack for Films and TV series, as well as Pop Music. Features sound that you have heard countless times from that era and always wanted but couldn’t find! Here they are, sampled from original 80s Synths and samplers using high outboard gear for maximum fidelity.
Multisample and Multi-velocity Patches.
100+ Sampled Patches:
- Attack: Controls the Attack time for the amp envelope of the Entire Drum Kit.
- Release: Controls the Release time for the amp envelope of the Entire Drum Kit.
- Decay: Control and add reverb to the entire kit.
- Sustain: Change the tuning of the Entire Drum Kit.
- Reverb: Control and add reverb to the entire kit.
- Glide: This is the built in portamento for legato sounds only, and the control yes you increase or decrease the time to move from the last note played to the next note played
- LFO and LFO Type: This is a control to change the speed of the Low-frequency Oscillator set to affect the pitch of the sound, and you can also select the type of waveform – sine/ triangle, sawtooth, square or random.
- The current version of this plugin provides a stereo out (L/R Channels).
Note for Certain Patches:
- The Glide Control works for For Legato patches only.
- For certain patches, the sustain and decay controls won’t work because these are looped internally.
- Right-click on the package RetroKZ_AU_OSX.pkg or RetroKZ_VST_OSX.pkg and click open
- Follow the instructions to install the plug-in(s)
- EXTRACT the RetroKZ64WIN.zip for 64bit Windows or RetroKZ32WIN.zip for 32bit Windows
- This folder is usually located here C: Program Files Vstplugins or C: Program Files Steinberg Vstplugins
High Sierra Known Issues:
1. Once installation completes, Reboot required.
2. Presets may show in jumbled form.